only to realise that it wasn't freedom at all! "
Breaking free, cutting loose, running away... do these physically set you free?
Or do you just return back to where you were again and again... lost in this earthly maze... knowing that this isn't home... this isn't permanent... this isn't real.
Where does one look to find it?
Or do you just return back to where you were again and again... lost in this earthly maze... knowing that this isn't home... this isn't permanent... this isn't real.
Where does one look to find it?
I feel like an alien sometimes, like i dont belong here. This isn't my home... But then again these are only fleeting moments... Reality ultimately knocks me down rock bottom and i'm snapped back into this world... where faces are stones and reality is an overrated bollywood movie...


3 Comments:
I didn't reply to this post when I first read it. It needed a bit of thought.
Let's put it this way.
There is no freedom.
Freedom is an illusion that we run after when we have something to run away from.
When I was a child I remember wanting to be a space ship captain and going to the stars, with a ship which gave me the freedom from my earthly confines.
What I was truly looking for was just, freedom from my child life.
I have often wandered for hundreds of miles in my car driving at times for hours and upto days, just wandering, wanting to feel that feeling of freedom.
I got it, but only for instants. Then I wanted freedom from my car, the road, the surface!
They say that the cosmos is within you. Physically ofcourse, I will disagree but philosophically, yes.
I times that I finally find my true freedrom is behind a keyboard in a 8'x8' room with the door and windows closed and a cigarette between my lips.
In this confined space, I realiezd eventually that freedom can be felt only from within one's own head.
My solution is that I write. As I type out the story, I can create what I wish. I can immerse myself into the lives of the characters that I am writing about and I get such an exhilarating sense of freedom to do whatever the f I want to! It is unbelievable.
The cosmos is not within us.
We can create a cosmos within us.
And life truly is an overhyped movie.
I see freedom only in my dreams, that's where I enjoy real independence, no clutches, no hurdles.
The 'first person' is distinguished from the 'second person' and the 'third person' as well. You alone are the Great Person. The refuge of all persons. Having realised the Self within himself by atma vyapti, the Shaivite sage turns to the world. He experience Shiva vyapti. He lives in the natural state of seeing Shiva everywhere. (Swami Shankarananda)
Post a Comment
<< Home