The Last Laugh
So many unfulfilled dreams. So many unmet aspirations. So many empty expectations. How much I have changed!
What is this peace we are constantly in search of? What is it supposed to feel like? I am at a loss for words to describe how I feel. How do you explain to someone when you are searching like a maniac for something you just don't know. I am haunted. There is somewhere I urgently need to get to. Like a lost wanderer... My worst fear is my life ending without a glimpse of what it is my heart was searching for... A hundred million ideas, a thousand million restless thoughts, a few sudden bursts of short lived energy... So close and yet so far.My only comfort is that at least I am searching. Like how charming Richard Gere says to Wynona Rider in Autumn in New york, "So what shall we do with this moment we've got here?" But that moment in the film is filled with so much hope, so many possibilities... I am possessed by a sweet ghost. But I am better off with him than without. Why is it that what you search for is always the last thing you find? So be it. At least then, I'll have the last laugh.
So many unfulfilled dreams. So many unmet aspirations. So many empty expectations. How much I have changed!
What is this peace we are constantly in search of? What is it supposed to feel like? I am at a loss for words to describe how I feel. How do you explain to someone when you are searching like a maniac for something you just don't know. I am haunted. There is somewhere I urgently need to get to. Like a lost wanderer... My worst fear is my life ending without a glimpse of what it is my heart was searching for... A hundred million ideas, a thousand million restless thoughts, a few sudden bursts of short lived energy... So close and yet so far.My only comfort is that at least I am searching. Like how charming Richard Gere says to Wynona Rider in Autumn in New york, "So what shall we do with this moment we've got here?" But that moment in the film is filled with so much hope, so many possibilities... I am possessed by a sweet ghost. But I am better off with him than without. Why is it that what you search for is always the last thing you find? So be it. At least then, I'll have the last laugh.

2 Comments:
HI love your writings and good to see someone with the same interests...keep blogging...
hey i came upon this blog randomly and i just had a feeling it was by a shriya i knew. shriya are u by chance mohan mamas daughter? this is manasvini here :) if its the same shriya then "hi!!" otherwise...great blog sry to disturb
Post a Comment
<< Home